The Workers Beer Company
The Workers Beer Company runs bars at high profile events and festivals. All the frontline staff in Workers Beer Company bars are volunteers. They are from trade union branches, the labour movement, grassroots organisations, community groups and charities. For every hour they work money is donated to the organisations, campaigns and charities they support.
In return for a daily 6 hour shift (times of which may vary with each day), volunteers get:
- To set up camp in the WBC staff area with access to their own toilets and washing facilities (volunteers must provide own tents)
- Transport to and from the festival
- Vouchers for two meals a day.
- Water and soft drinks which will be available whilst on shift.
- Two free alcoholic or soft drinks after their shifts.
- When not on shift, volunteers will be free to relax or watch their favourite acts.
The North West Labour Party gets an allocation of volunteers for festivals each year.
Applications are currently full.