In the national television debate on April 2nd, David Cameron had little to say about the NHS. The truth is, under the Tories, GP waiting targets have been scrapped, 13 million people can't get an appointment at their surgery, and billions of cuts to social care budgets have had a detrimental knock-on effect on A&E departments, pushing many to crisis point.
Ed Miliband has a better plan for our health service.
- Guarantee that patients will wait no longer than one week for vital cancer tests and results by 2020
- Recruit 20,000 more nurses and 8,000 GPs paid for by a tax on properties worth £2 million or more
- Repeal the Tories’ damaging Health and Social Care Act which is forcing the privatisation of the NHS
- Guarantee a GP appointment within 48 hours
- Integrate health and social care services to provide better quality care for elderly people, recruiting 5,000 new homecare workers
- Give mental health the priority it deserves by treating it equally to other areas of healthcare
If you're with us, pledge your support below: